At NPL, our goal is to deliver an amazing customer experience across our ecosystem of patients, families, medical professionals, and partners. We are always looking for people who share our energy and passion for creating better lives for our customers. We know growing a great business means having great people join our team and helping them be successful.
That means we are committed to providing you with the resources and opportunities that you need to deliver, thrive. Join a team that is making waves in the custom wheelchair industry — and having a great time while doing so. NPL is always looking for amazing individuals to join our team.
NPL Home Medical is one of the industry leaders in providing custom wheelchairs in Ohio. Since 1993, our promise has always been to deliver the highest quality service to both patients and medical professionals while creating a wheelchair solution that addresses our customer’s unique needs. At NPL, responding to our customer’s needs is always Job #1.
About This Career Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Warehouse Technician. In this position, you will play a vital role in supporting the supply chain and operations activities within our business. You will have an opportunity for personal and professional growth and career advancement as we build on our consecutive years of significant growth. Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success with a forward thinking and growing company.
The Warehouse Technician will wear multiple hats within our operations including being responsible for completing a variety of daily, weekly and monthly tasks as well as undertaking special projects from time to time.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supports the receiving department by promptly unloading trucks, unboxing goods, receiving goods into the inventory system, and relocating the inventory to the correct warehouse bin location
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude and professional manner
- Provides additional backup support for other departments including but not limited to supply chain, manufacturing, and service.
- Addresses and resolves any issues with damaged or missing products
- Packs and ships warrantied parts back to the appropriate vendor
- Operates forklift and manual lifts to unload and move product
- Completes cycle counts of inventory
- Delivers our custom wheelchairs to patient facilities or homes using company vehicles when required.
- Drops off and/or picks up demo chairs from facilities or homes that are out on loan.
- Cleans and sanitizes manual and power wheelchairs that were previously out on loan and checks them back into inventory once completed.
- Assists in various facility maintenance projects when required.
- Maintains a clean warehouse work environment
- Follows company vehicle operating rules, including pre and post use vehicle inspections (using Fleetio vehicle management software)
- Supporting Wheelchair Assembly and Service teams in assembling or servicing wheelchairs when required.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of warehouse experience
- Ability to lift 80 pounds
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Results-oriented, problem solving / analytical mindset
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of warehouse safety protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge of shipping and receiving processes
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience operating a forklift or pallet stacker
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic shipping and receiving processes
- Demonstrates familiarity with industry-wide warehouse safety precautions
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) knowledge a strong asset
- Willing and able to continuously improve yourself, and how we operate
- Able to operate in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Highest level of integrity
- Excellent work habits with ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent computing skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision