At NPL, our goal is to deliver an amazing customer experience across our ecosystem of patients, families, medical professionals, and partners. We are always looking for people who share our energy and passion for creating better lives for our customers. We know growing a great business means having great people join our team and helping them be successful.
That means we are committed to providing you with the resources and opportunities that you need to deliver, thrive. Join a team that is making waves in the custom wheelchair industry — and having a great time while doing so. NPL is always looking for amazing individuals to join our team.
Wheelchair Sales Consultant – Toledo Area
NPL Home Medical is one of the industry leaders in providing custom wheelchairs in Ohio. Since 1993, our promise has always been to deliver the highest quality service to both patients and medical professionals while creating a wheelchair solution that addresses our customer’s unique needs. At NPL, responding to our customer’s needs is always Job #1.
About This Career Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Sales Consultant. In this position, you will play a vital role in delivering our “Service First” value proposition to our patients, therapists, and physician stake holders. Do not miss this opportunity to find career success with a forward thinking and growing company
Summary of Responsibility:
The Sales Consultant is responsible for traveling within an assigned territory to meet with prospects and customers. In conjunction with a physician and therapist, the Sales consultant also helps analyze the patient’s unique needs, assists in the selection of the appropriate custom wheelchair equipment, and trains the patient and therapist on how to properly use the specific equipment.
- Calls on and presents to decision makers within the nursing home industry
- Travels within assigned territory (Columbus, Ohio area) to meet customer, prospects, therapists and physicians and occasionally travels to the company headquarters in Strongsville, Ohio
- Builds and maintains relationships with therapist and referral sources
- Maintains records of all sales leads and customer accounts
- Educates customer on products
- Evangelizes the company’s value proposition and delivers on the brand promise
- Monitors the company’s competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand the needs and trends of the marketplace
- Fulfills client needs while working within the guidelines of Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance coverage requirements.
- Manages relationships with Long Term Care Facility accounts
- Answers questions about products, prices, availability, credit terms
- From time to time performs basic repairs on patient owned equipment
- Works with the NPL Team to resolve problems and provide support
- Meets yearly growth targets
- Coordinates with other staff to generate sales and provide excellent customer service
- Follows established processes to ensure a streamlined process in delivering a patient’s chair
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong office technology skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word as well as other cloud-based software
- Experience with Rehabilitation or Assistive Technologies such as wheelchairs, or other medical products would be ideal
- Enjoys meeting new people and nurturing strong relationships
- Works independently with little supervision
- Clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily for long periods
- Able to walk an extensive amount of hours
- Able to lift to 25 pounds occasionally
- Regular and on-time attendance
- Variable work hours – (Hours may exceed 40 hours per week)
- Self-motivated and self-starting
NPL Home Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPL Home Medical does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.