NPL Home Medical is one of the industry leaders in providing custom wheelchairs in Ohio. Since 1993, our promise has always been to deliver the highest quality service to both patients and medical professionals while creating a wheelchair solution that addresses our customer’s unique needs. At NPL, responding to our customer’s needs is always Job #1.
About This Career Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a staff Accountant. In this position, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer. As a member of our team, you will have an opportunity for personal and professional growth and career advancement as we build on our consecutive years of significant growth. We are proud to have been selected as one of 2021 Best Employers in Ohio by Crain’s Magazine. This position can work remotely or from our offices in Strongsville. Do not miss this opportunity to find career success with a forward thinking, entrepreneurial, and growing company.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Accountant is responsible for several accounting functions and financially related projects. The Accountant must be highly organized and an effective communicator across our finance, supply chain, and billing teams. Additionally, this individual should have strong computer skills to include creation and manipulation of excel spreadsheets (pivot tables and v-lookups required) and advanced reporting tools. In this role, he/she must be able to identify vendor issues and work with them to come up with solutions to resolve them. This position requires communication, collaboration, attention-to-detail, and organization skills.
- Posts daily bank deposits into QuickBooks
- Monitors and manages Account Payable email account
- Maintain paperless invoices on SharePoint
- Matches purchase orders of received goods with invoices
- Follows up with vendors on missing/inaccurate invoices
- Enters invoices into QuickBooks
- Assists with preparing/sending out checks/ACH’s and managing vendor payment files
- Reconciles Inventory in QuickBooks to Billing/Admin software
Financial, Planning, and Analysis
- Prepare monthly reports to analyze expense detail
- Assist with the preparation of our annual operating plan / budget
- Assist with our annual independent audit
- Assist with our annual insurance renewal
- Assist with our annual employee benefits renewal
- Prepare weekly, and monthly sales and commission reports/dashboards
- Prepare weekly, and monthly cash, accounts payable, and accounts receivable reports/dashboards
- Prepare other reports / dashboards as requested by management
- Various other projects as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Two (2) years direct experience as a staff accountant or accounting assistant required in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a power-user in Excel
- Minimum of 1 year experience generating financial reports using Excel, Business intelligence/reporting software such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or another BI/reporting tool.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Evidence of strong analytical and problem-solving skills, while using a flexible and collaborative approach.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
NPL Home Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPL Home Medical does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Job Type: Full-time