NPL Home Medical is one of the industry leaders in providing custom wheelchairs in Ohio. Since 1993, our promise has always been to deliver the highest quality service to both patients and medical professionals while creating a wheelchair solution that addresses our customer’s unique needs. At NPL, responding to our customer’s needs is always Job #1.
About This Career Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Service Technician. In this position, you will play a vital role in ensuring the success of our wheelchair production at NPL. You will have an opportunity for personal and professional growth and career advancement as we build on our consecutive years of significant growth. Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success with a forward thinking and growing company.
The Service Technician is responsible for providing the highest level of patient care along with a superior repair experience. The Service Technician repairs, services and delivers durable medical equipment (DME) in accordance to manufacturer’s specifications The Service Technician is also responsible for maintaining accurate logs of service completed and adheres to company reporting policies.
- Tests, diagnoses, and services client owned wheelchairs in the field, mainly in long term care facilities & patient homes.
- Completes all required paperwork accurately for each job completed
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Assembles equipment following the company’s standards of quality and productivity.
- Delivers and picks up equipment, assures that all documentation is complete and accurate with proper signatures obtained. Relays any customer comments or concerns about products or services to Operations Manager or Lead Dispatcher.
- Trains/educates customers and caregivers in the proper use, care, and safety of equipment purchased or rented. Performs minor fitting and adjustments of equipment.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, safe operating condition, completing vehicle checklist as required.
- Meets all set productivity and performance standards.
- Rehabilitates equipment as necessary, both in the field and at the shop.
- Follows all safety procedures as required.
- Consistently delivers incredible customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concerns.
Field Service Technician Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines
- Two (2) years of experience in mechanical assembly or repair of electronic devices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior interpersonal communication
- Results driven
- Personal and professional behaviors in alignment with NPL core Values
- Ability to follow service schedule and communicate to future stops when running late
- Ability to think and learn quickly
- Strong multi-tasking ability
- Ability to perform job functions with integrity and values consistent with the NPL Home Medical Mission.
Job Type: Full-time
To ensure the safety of our team members and our customers, we have implemented policies requiring the use of company supplied N95 masks, gloves, face shields and other required PPE as required by the facilities we serve.